Hi, guys. I hope you enjoyed your week. It looks like Friday snuck up on us pretty quickly this week. If you don’t know, I started homeschooling my kids a few weeks ago. So, I’ve been pretty busy. But, I still find time to write even if it is only a few paragraphs a day. It’s in me and I can’t stop. 🙂
If you haven’t already, please follow my blog to keep up to date on posts, pending publications, book reviews, and more. 🙂
Today, I’m going to be sharing with you the Top 5 things I need near me to write. Now, this changes regularly depending on my mood or the day. I may keep snacks or my phone with music. It really just depends. But, these are the things that I keep near me EVERY single time that I sit down to write.
Let’s Get started! 🙂
- A bottle of water. It’s important to stay hydrated through the day to avoid headaches and sore eyes. If I’m spending a lot of time on my computer, my eyes get tired. So, I try to stay hydrated. I drink 3 of these bottles a day.
- My glasses. I wear my glasses all the time but I mostly need them to see far away. I like to take them off when I am writing or watching something on my laptop. I keep them near me because if I pop open a book, I need them for reading.
- My journals, planners, and diary. I write ideas, names, character traits, and plot ideas in my journals. I tend to fill these up quickly and either take an idea and run with it or toss it. I keep my planners with me because I need to know how to work out my days and what I can fit in between writing, homeschooling, and mom life. I keep my diary because I like to write what I’m thinking and feeling while in the writing process.
- A stack of books. I always have a stack of books nearby that I like to refer to. I took a cute picture of the books I’ve read this year by amazing writers. I change this stack frequently. However, my Writing Today and A Writer’s Reference tends to always be in the stack. I refer to these often and it helps to keep me on track.
- A cup of coffee or tea. Most of us can agree that we are addicted to coffee. Go on, admit it. You’re not fooling anyone. 😉 Don’t feel bad, we are all guilty of drinking WAY too much coffee. I like to switch it up with a decaf tea, mostly green, to offset the caffeine. Recently, I went a few days without coffee and I had a raging headache from withdrawal. I know, it’s a problem. I’m trying to cut back.
There you have it, these are the top 5 things I need to write EVERY time I sit down to bang the keyboard. It keeps me happy and content to have all these things with me.
Tell me, what are your top 5 things you need to write? Do they change? Share it with me.
Have a great weekend and keep writing. 🙂