Monte Cristo Sandwich Recipe
- 2 eggs
- pinches of salt and pepper
- 4 slices sturdy white bread (or white bread of preference)
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 pound thick sliced baked ham
- 1/2 ounce, weight shredded gruyere cheese
- additional salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Beat eggs in a shallow dish (large enough to fit a sandwich) along with a few pinches of salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Assemble sandwiches, with mustard, mayonnaise, ham, cheese, salt and pepper to personal preference. Slightly compress sandwich.
- Heat skillet over medium heat. Add butter; allow to melt.
- Dip and coat each sandwich in beaten egg, and place in skillet. Cook sandwiches 2-3 minutes on each side, until browned to liking and cheese has melted.
- 1 cup brewed coffee
- 1 – 2 tablespoons homemade hot chocolate
- Brew coffee. While hot, stir in hot chocolate mix until completely dissolved.
- Add half-and-half.
- Top with whipped cream and cocoa sprinkles (optional).
What is your favorite sandwich to sit down and eat? Is it a creamy and warm sandwich like the Monte Cristo? Or do you prefer a cold-cut sandwich with the works? What about Coffee? Do you enjoy a warm hot Mocha or an iced coffee? What’s your favorite flavor?
I’m a sucker for warm sandwiches that take a long time to eat because it’s steaming in your mouth. And I love hot coffee over cold. I really love the feeling of my belly being warm and full.
I’d love to hear your thoughts and ideas. I’d love to hear concoctions that I’ve never had. Share your ideas now. 🙂